- Protecting the confidentiality and security of consumer information
- The types of information we have about you and where it comes from
- Sharing information with affiliated companies
- Sharing information for legal, business, and joint marketing purposes
PROTECTING CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF CONSUMER INFORMATIONWe take seriously our responsibility to respect the confidentiality and security of non-public personal information - called "Consumer Information" in this notice. Our policy calls for safeguards to protect consumer information only by those who need access to do their work. The same holds true for our affiliated companies, which are companies that, now or in the future, we own (or control), or are owned (or controlled) by, or are under common ownership (or control) with. We also may maintain, as required by applicable federal regulations, physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Information We CollectWe collect and use information about you from various sources. The amount and nature of the information collected and used varies from transaction to transaction, but the information described in the following five types:
- Information from you. Information you provide to us on applications, other forms, and by other means, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, income, and debt;
- Information from our experience and our affiliated companies' experiences. Information about your transactions and account experience with us or our affiliated companies, such as parties to transactions, contract or lease balances, payment history, and communications and correspondence;
- Information from the experience of other parties. Information from other outside sources regarding their employment, credit or other relationships, account experience, or transactions with you, or verifying representations made by you, such as your employment history, credit balances, or your property or liability insurance coverage.
- Information from credit reports. Information supplied by consumer reporting agencies, such as information regarding your creditworthiness or credit history;
- Other general information. Other general information we obtain about you (such as demographic information) that is not assembled for the purpose of determining your eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or other products or services.