Important Message from Chris Murray regarding Coronavirus
As we all continue to progress through the COVID-19 Pandemic and adjust to a new normal, the Safety and Health of our customers and staff continues to be of the utmost importance to us here at Murray Chevrolet Cadillac Lethbridge. Hence, we are asking our staff and customers to practice social distancing and follow proper hygiene practices while on our premises to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. We have also implemented the following measures and protocols at our dealership:
- The number of customers inside our facility at any time will be limited to # 15 (Customers may be asked to come back at a later time to ensure we can commit to social distancing)
- Disinfection of all frequently used areas such as (showroom, waiting area and restrooms) will be done at least 3 times per day.
- All vehicles being dropped off for service will be disinfected on the driver touchpoints at the time of drop off and again before pick-up, including key fobs.
- All staff will practice excellent hygiene while handling your vehicle including frequent hand washing, hand sanitizing and/or the use of gloves.
- We will be reducing the amount of customers permitted in the customer shuttle at the same time to avoid customers sitting adjacent to other passengers or the driver. The vehicle will be disinfected after each trip. We apologize if this slows down the shuttle service during this time.
- Greetings that involve touching, such as handshakes, hugs etc. will not be permitted,
- Physical distancing between all staff and patrons will be increased to at least 2 metres with acrylic barriers and masks used when 6 feet of physical distancing is not possible (e.g., decals on the floor, partitions, signage, mask while sharing a vehicle)
- Clean handwashing facilities and alcohol-based hand cleansers are provided in multiple locations throughout the building for staff and customer use. (e.g., coffee sink, service counters, sales offices, break rooms, workstations etc.)
- Face Masks will be worn by Shuttle Staff when transporting customers and Sales Consultants have been instructed to maintain 6 feet of social distancing as much as possible and to wear a face mask when conducting a test drive with the customer.
- Signage is posted throughout the building encouraging good respiratory hygiene, hand hygiene, social distancing etc.
- Staff and customers are advised that we must adhere to all Alberta Health Protocols including not entering our work place and self-isolating in the event of the following:
- If you have returned from travel outside of Canada you must self-quarantine for 14 days following your return and monitor your symptoms.
- If you have been in close contact with a known case of COVID-19 you MUST self-quarantine for 14 days following your exposure and monitor yourself for symptoms.
- If you have symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat or runny nose, you MUST self-isolate for 10 days after the onset of symptoms and until your symptoms have resolved (whichever is longer).
- In any of the above scenario’s you should also complete the COVID-19 Self-Assessment to determine if you should receive testing for COVID-19
Our personal transportation is likely more important right now than at any other time. As a result, we want to make it as easy and safe as possible for you to shop for a new vehicle or to have your existing vehicle serviced at our dealership. If you do not feel comfortable visiting our sales or service departments in person, please give us a phone call and we will do our best to accommodate your vehicle needs.
We will also continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will follow guidance from public health officials and government agencies, so we can continue to support our customers and community in a safe and effective manner.
Take care and stay safe!
Tips on how to Shop and Service safely at Murray Chevrolet
What we are doing to keep our work space clean and safe for our staff and customers:
- We are educating our staff on the protocol to work safely, respect distance and take the necessary measures to provide a safe environment and experience for our customers at this time
- All surfaces are wiped down regularly
- All staff have cleaning products at each of their work stations
- All Key fobs, steering wheels and door handles will be wiped down after each interaction
- Staff are practicing social distancing and exceptional hygiene
- If anyone is showing signs of any illness, they will not attend work and will self-quarantine in the event of travel and or exposure to COVID-19
- Vehicles will be delivered to customers in many sales and service scenarios
What customers can do to reduce risk:
- Shop Online
- Email, Call or Text us
- Book Service appointments online
- Drop off vehicles for service appointments
What our Sales team will do for you:
- Sales Professionals will email, call and text with you
- They will take videos of the vehicles you are interested and send them to you
- They can drive the vehicle out to you for a test drive
- They can deliver the vehicle to you and bring out necessary paperwork for financing
What our Service team will do for you:
- Our advisors can text, email and call you with updates on your vehicle while in service
- Schedule Shuttle Service to drive you home (one customer per vehicle for social distancing)
Be Safe, Be Kind, Shop Online